Tuesday, 28 February 2017
WALHT: We are learning to make predictions using visual cues and our prior knowledge on the topic or title and by reading the text.
SUCCESS CRITERIA: I am able to confirm my prediction by reading the text.
Title: Giving a Shot
- My Predictions Are: That she is going to keep trying to do what she is doing.
- Keywords: Winners, Runner, Bronze, Presenter
- Vocabulary and meanings: - Write at least 10 words down and its meaning.
1.Emboss: carve a design on a surface or object
2. Emerge: move out of or away from something and become visible.
3.Infomercial: An advertising film that shows a product.
4.Necessary: Has to be done
5. Unbeatable: Impossible to beat.
- My question and answers: Why didn't she share her biscuits with her little sister.
- Answer: She was greedy and told her sister to get lost
- Summary: My Summary is that she is going to be a great sports woman.
Friday, 2 December 2016
This week my reading group and I were reading about One City Two Earthquakes. My friend and I were Christchurch earthquake. One The first
one happened in September 2010 and the second one happened in February 2011. The February Earthquake did more damage although the September one had a higher magnitude of 7.1.
Monday, 7 November 2016
Title:Pop and pie
Author: June peka
Characters:Pie, grandpa, and mom
Setting: the story took place outside
Conflict:Pie keeps on picking the cabbage plants of the ground
Resolution: Grandpa built a cage for Pie so he can't get
Beginning: Grandpa grows gigantic vegetables. Sometimes he evens gets prizes for the biggest vegetables
Middle: Grandpa’s garden was going the right but when his friend vet gave him a magpie, everything changed. Even the magpie took the cabbage plants from the ground
End:So grandpa decided to build a little cage for the magpie so he can’t pull any cabbage plants from the ground.
Thursday, 3 November 2016
Thursday, 13 October 2016
Title:Gifs from the sun
Author: John O’Brien
Conflict:The sun can sun burn you
Resolution: He put on sunscreen
Beginning:The sefer was surfing
Middle:The unwelcome things from the sun and the welcome words from the sun
End:The man stop surfing and cover himself
Gifs from the sun
- List the welcome and unwelcome gifs from the sun ?: The cold water as the unwelcome gif, and the sun as the welcome gif.
- What would happen if the sun stop shining ?: The world would be very very cold and the sea would be frozen as ice
- Explain the ozone layer : The ozone layer is the layer that protects the earth from the sun light. If we did not have the ozone layer people will burn to death
- Does the writer protect himself on a
cold day: Yes. Why: because the sea is very very cold . So he needs somewhere warm the stay.
- What are the harmful effects UV radiation ?: UV radiation can make you have cancer cells.
- Draw a picture of a welcome sun