Pages

Wednesday 10 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 1

Day 1: Turn of the Century (2000-2010)

Activity 1:  Celebrating a Win

In 2000, the country of New Zealand celebrated when Russell Coutts and his sailing team won their second straight America’s Cup. This was the first time that a team from New Zealand had won back-to-back championships! Many people celebrated the victory with their friends and family.

On your blog, tell us what you and your family do to celebrate special events, such as birthdays. Do you have a special meal or go to a specific place? In our house, we usually make a pizza and bake a special cake. What about you?

If it is someone's birthday in our house, We Buy or make cake, Eat Pizza, Eat ice cream, Go Mcdonalds, Get toys, Eat at KFC and more But if its someone else in our family, We go chipmunks, Paintball and more.



Activity 2: Lord of the Rings
Arguably one of the most famous movie trilogies of all time, The Lord of the Rings, was filmed in New Zealand. All three movies were directed by a New Zealander named Peter Jackson. The first movie was released in 2001, the second in 2002 and the third in 2003. The movies cost an estimated $300 million to produce!  


Imagine that instead of spending the money on the movies, Peter Jackson decided to give all of this money to you. Lucky you! On your blog, tell us what you would do with $300 million dollars. How would you spend it? It is a lot of money so please think carefully about it and spend it wisely :-)

For me, I would
Spend it on the homeless,
Give Some money to my family,
Eat out,
Travel around the world,
Buy a Mansion
And more.

But the most thing i’ll do if i had that much money, I would give some of my money to all my families.



Bonus Activity: The Rise of the ‘Selfie’
20171103_081651.jpg
Although most of you are quite familiar with the idea of taking a ‘selfie’ (picture of ourselves), this was not always the case. In fact, it wasn’t until the early 2000s that people started talking about the idea of a selfie, taking selfies and posting them online.

In honour of the rise in popularity of the ‘selfie,’ take a selfie and post it on your blog. Try to show us at least one of your hobbies or one your favourite things (maybe a special toy or book). For example, here is a selfie of Hazel drinking a big mug of tea, and Rachel with her son, Aronui, attending a Paw Patrol show!


Here is a Selfie of me and My best friend charlie. My favourite thing to do is to hang out with friends or people that i know. (This is a old pic that i took at my school).
BONUS POINTS: 8




1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Saia!

    Great job with these activities - I really enjoyed reading your post! A day out with your family with good food and fun activities sounds like a great plan! I used to love going to Chipmunks when I was younger, but I've never tried paintball because I'm too scared! You must be super brave if you can do paintball!

    That is a great list of things to do with $300m! Other than giving money away to people who need it, on the top of my list would be to ravel the world, too! I would love to visit Canada, Africa and France. Which country do you want to visit the most?

    Thanks for sharing the picture of you and Charlie! Hanging out with friends is my favourite thing, too!

    Awesome work, Saia!

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.