Pages

Friday 12 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 4

Day 4: Contemporary Entertainment

Activity 1: Moana
moana.jpg
In late 2016, the movie Moana was released by Disney. It’s a beautiful story about a young Polynesian girl from the fictional island of Motunui, who goes on a big adventure.

Watch the trailer for Moana and then write a summary of the movie on your blog. If you’ve seen the movie, you can include your favourite part! Tell us as much as you can about the movie. What is it about? Who are the main characters in the movie? What do they do in the movie? Where do they go?

Moana went on a adventure to Find Maui to restore the heart of Te Fiti. She followed the Hook In the sky. A few Hours of Sailing, She it a big wave and past out. She woke up on a Island but she did´nt know she was on Maui's Island. Maui found her boat and trap Moana in a cave but Luckily she got out and catches up to Maui. They made a deal to Get Maui's hook then Return the Heart Of Te Fiti. So of they went into there Adventure






Activity 2: Country Calendar
Did you know that the longest running television show in New Zealand history is a programme called ‘Country Calendar’? It started on 6 March 1966 and has been running ever since. The programme includes stories of everyday New Zealanders, many of whom are farmers.

Watch this short clip from Country Calendar. What do you think would be the most interesting and/or challenging things about being a farmer? Would you would like to be a farmer when you are older. Why/why not? Give us, at least, two reasons to support your answer.

Being a farmer looks and sound like a very easy job but in real life, its a hard job. In fact you have to wake up early in the morning and feed, wash and groom your Animals. probably, the hardest thing to do as a farmer is killing the animals for food, But Farming looks like a interesting job to do but it is a no for me.

Two Reasons why i don't want to be a Farmer

1. I have to wake up early in the morning .
2. At some point, you have to kill the animal for food.








Bonus Activity: Singing a Different Tune
A number of New Zealand (NZ) singers and songwriters have recently burst onto the music scene, becoming popular both in NZ and overseas. One of these artists, Lorde, is gaining a lot of recognition for her unique style and songwriting ability. People all over the world seem to really like the lyrics (words) that she writes in her songs.

Think of your favourite song. Share the name of the song, the name of the person who wrote the song and the lyrics from the song on your blog. You must type the lyrics not cut and paste them in order to earn full points for the activity.
I have a lot favorite songs but this is the song i choose.

Song:Just an illusion
Artists:Julia Zahra
Link to Song: Just an illusion

Lyrics:
I've Been told About living Like a Star
Hotel rich, champagne and caviar 
But no one ever showed me the reverse
And that really hurts, oh it really hurts
They try to sell your body and you soul
It's the price you pay for rock and roll
And no one understands it, how you feel 
For it's so unreal, oh, it's so unreal

So Baby, don't you cry for me It's an illusion,
just an illusion I thought I knew what like should be 
It's an illusion, just an illusion.

When critics crucify your latest show
Another drink and then you lose control 
But then on stage I feel a fire burn 
There is no return, I'm always on the run 
I give it to you, babe, with all my heart 
For it's not too late, oh, it's not too late.

So Baby, don't you cry for me It's an illusion,
just an illusion I thought I knew what like should be 
It's an illusion, just an illusion.

So Baby, don't you cry for me It's an illusion,
just an illusion I thought I knew what like should be 
It's an illusion, just an illusion.

BONUS POINTS: 8

5 comments:

  1. Hi Saia,

    I can understand why it would be tough being a farmer, I wouldn't want to kill the animals either.
    But I like your two reasons why you don't want to be a farmer, waking up early isn't so easy.

    Your song choice seems very deep and touching. Good job!

    Keep up the good work!
    Davarni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siosaia,

    My goodness, you've done a lot of work! I think your summary of 'Moana' is super. You clearly know what the movie is about!

    I live in a small town in Canada, Almonte, which is surrounded by farmland. Some of our friends are farmers and they certainly do have to get up early in the morning! That's especially true if they have dairy cows to milk. And they never get a day off because the cows don't ever get a day off, so if you don't like getting up early in the morning, then farming is not for you!! I think I would find it challenging, for sure. I admire farmers tremendously!!

    And I do like your choice of song. Thank you for sharing that. It's got very touching lyrics.

    I hope you're having a wonderful summer holiday and I think you're doing a super job with this blogging program!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi SioSaia,

    What a lovely song choice. It had very beautiful lyrics and I loved the song itself.

    Being a farmer would be tough, wouldn't it. You'd have to wake up early and do a lot of work.

    You are nearly to the end Siosaia! Keep up the amazing work!

    Telesia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey SioSaia,!

    I really enjoyed your reasons to not be a farmer.Im sure it won't be easy but I think it could be a fun challenge,won't it?

    Your song choice was really emotional and deep.It's so surprising that you listen to these kind of songs.Well,Keep it up! Your nearly there.
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia orana Siosaia,
    my name is Cia. I am a Ako Hiko Summer Learning Journey commentator who will be working with various bloggers over the summer break.

    Activity 1:
    Thank you for writing a brief but detailed summary about the movie ‘Moana’. A suggestion for next time, maybe you could post ‘Spoiler Alert’ in the blog post title, to warn people that may not have seen Moana before.

    I remember watching this for the first time and feeling so proud as a Samoan, that some of our stories were being told to the rest of the world. I love the songs ‘I am Moana’ and ‘We Know the Way’, do have any favourite songs from the film?

    Activity 2:
    You’ve written a detailed response about what you find to be a difficulty in farming. I agree with you about the process of slaughtering animals for food, I too wouldn’t have the heart to do this on a regular basis. Maybe next time you could include a list of pros and cons concerning farming, this might help others decide whether or not they’d want to become a farmer. In your opinion what is one positive aspect of farming?

    Bonus Activity:
    Thank you for taking the time to type out the lyrics to your favourite song, just remember to include who wrote the song in your post! I like that you included a link to the song, as someone who has never heard this before I’m grateful I can access the song quickly. I really like the live band in the performance you posted. What is your favourite part of the song?

    It was a joy to read your work, keep it up!

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i ('See you again' in Samoan),

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.